PLANET ZEB! Internet Radio

The blogspot for the award-winning PLANET ZEB! Internet Radio, playing a better variety of 80s/90s-based rock and pop on Live365.com/iTunes/iRadio/TiVO and more. Come on in and read up on what's going on and chat with other Zebbites!!

Saturday, June 04, 2005

Wow... it's been a while....

Well, so I don't get to update the blog as much as I thought I originally might. Here's an update! Actually, not much to say this go-'round; I've been horribly busy re-ripping what'll wind up being a total of about 4000 songs in the station's NEW MP3Pro format. But the new library continues to grow by the week! Hang in there, and for the latest station news, please remember to drop by www.planetzeb.net -- that's where the details are posted regularly.

Next submission: it'll probably be something about how life is more bearable concentrating on the music, the station and the loyal listeners of the station than when I used to spend inordinate amounts of time in the Live365 message boards dealing with a host of sociopathic numbskulls (among a few reasonable, intelligent and truly likeable folks). I think I finally got this whole "e-message computer groups chat board" stuff figured out. It works best when.... you use it sparingly or not at all. :)

'Til next time... cheers!

Z

3 Comments:

  • At 11:26 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

    So THAT'S been what you've been doing! Improving your station rather than refereeing b/cers shouting past each other...silly wabbit... ;)
    Love & Peace, Clarence

     
  • At 4:33 AM , Blogger Stewed Hamm said...

    I'm loving the new bitrate for the station, Zeb. It sounds great!

    It's also a treat hearing "new" stuff that's getting dredged up from the past. Alphaville, Power Station, Go-Go's... excellent tracks. Right now you're playing Holy Diver, man how can it get any better?
    Rawk on!

     
  • At 5:04 PM , Blogger zebby rhoads said...

    clarence-- hey there! yeah, sometimes a guy's just gotta get away for a while. And the levels of... well... various substances (chuckle) in the Green Room back in late April/early May just became too much to take, 'specially since I was also in the throes of converting my station bitrate to 64K MP3Pro! I understand there are a few personalities in the Green Room that feel threatened whenever someone tries to maintain order-- and in the past, I've resolved simply to let 'em vent and then to get on with business. This last time around, I just asked myself why I should expend the personal energy to keep 'em under control and try to maintain the peace. I couldn't come up with a good answer (laugh). And besides, I'm doing 'em a favor-- I figure they could use as much of a rest from me as I could from them. Only been in there once or twice for quick peeks over the last 45 days, fortunately... and it's looking awfully messy. But hey-- let's let the other moderating powers that be deal with it for a change. :)

    hamm!!! Good to hear back in from you, and particularly about the new bitrate! Thanks for your kind comments. The reaction to the 64K stream has been OVERWHELMINGLY wonderful, and it's making me be that much more careful as I re-master all the tracks in the library to provide the best-quality tracks I can! Part of the problem was that I only had 128K masters of about a THIRD of the almost 4000 tracks in my library (groan)... so the other 2/3rds have had to be recut from CD masters (yikes!). Add to that a new gig that's keeping me busy 14-plus hours per day, and... well... one of these days I hope to be reunited with the concept of "sleep." :)

    By the way, in addition to Dio's stuff from Holy Diver that we used to play at WLCS, I also found my copy of Last in Line, so I added "We Rock" to the library as well. Just finally got to that point where I'm feeling a lot less sheepish about adding harder-edged AOR to the 80s pop hits... and besides, as long as I'm perusing my CD collection to re-cut tracks, I thought I'd have some fun with new library additions. Now if only I could muster up the courage to slap Iron Maiden's "Murders in the Rue Morgue" in between Bryan Adams and the Little River Band or somethin'... :D

    Thanks again to both of ya for checkin' in!!! I feel absolutely RENEWED since early May, what with the increased attention to re-doing the PZ library and feeling less obliged to act as perennial zookeeper in the Live365 fora. And hearing from trusted pals like you guys in my blog area just... makes me know the shifting of priorities was absolutely the right idea!

    Z

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home