PLANET ZEB! Internet Radio

The blogspot for the award-winning PLANET ZEB! Internet Radio, playing a better variety of 80s/90s-based rock and pop on Live365.com/iTunes/iRadio/TiVO and more. Come on in and read up on what's going on and chat with other Zebbites!!

Friday, March 02, 2007

Wow! Two nice comments in one day!

Hey y'all! I hope 2007 has gotten off to a wonderful start for you. Well hell, I suppose we're about a quarter through with it by now (laugh), but Zeb has been a busy boy the last month or so and has admittedly neglected the task of getting a new blog post up. 'Til now that is. :)

And the subject of today's post is the two nice comments that recently came in via email... on the same day! The first was from Feda, in Canada, who said:

Your station is just the greatest. I've been listening since
November of 2005 and recently took time off to sail in the Caribbean
where I continued to listen to your music. In fact I even got more
people on board listening. Keep up the excellent quality.


And the second came from Israel, in the Canary Islands (that's name, in the location, lest you be confused!), who remarked:

I listen your music every day from the Canary Islands - Spain
[I very much like] your music
Congratulations

Many thanks, you two! As I've said before, PLANET ZEB! is here for pure enjoyment... and to share some great musical memories with like-minded friends all over the world. But still, while I usually just assume that the show is appreciated by virtue of having listeners, it means a lot to me personally when nice folks like you take a moment out of your day to tell me as much via email.

... and here's hoping you keep enjoying the show for a long time to come!!!

Cheers 'til the next post....

Zeb

4 Comments:

  • At 5:52 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I just read a newspaper article about a new decision by the Copyright Board increasing webcast royalties again. But the absolutely outrageous thing is that it said there will be _retroactive_ fee increases for broadcasts made since January 2006! Those radio broadcasters must have those people in the palms of their hands, to go so far as to border on making an unconstitutional "ex post facto" law.

    If you need help paying the retroactive royalties to stay solvent, I'll be watching for a call for assistance and I'll be glad to help out.

     
  • At 7:28 AM , Blogger zebby rhoads said...

    Daniel: Many, many thanks for your comment and your offer of assistance! We've actually been sweating out the process over here, because the Copyright Royalty Board's decision (keep an eye on the blog for future comments about the CRB "judges" or my take on their abilities to apply administrative law) would have LITERALLY destroyed the station (and many many others along with it). If you'll check the next entry in the blog, however, there's a glimmer of hope on the horizon! New legislation has just been introduced in Congress, so the BEST thing you or ANYONE can do right now is CALL YOUR MEMBER OF CONGRESS TODAY and ask 'em to support the Internet Radio Equality Act!!!

    I *hate* asking listeners for money, but it means a lot that you were kind enough to offer!!! In lieu of cash this time around, however, maybe if you can just give PLANET ZEB! the support of a phone call to your congressperson, we can avoid the ugliness of the CRB's shortsighted and biased decision. And yes, I claim they were both conflicted and biased, and should never have been appointed to the CRB much less been allowed to make this decision. More on THAT coming up in future blogging as well. :)

     
  • At 11:46 AM , Blogger hcma said...

    Zebby:

    I just got to hand it to you. Planet Zeb is the best radio station ever!

    If you ever find a way of tabulating how long your listeners are tuned in, you'll see what I am talking about. I work listening to PZ, and after a hard day of work, I get home and tune PZ on Tivo again, just to relax...

    H

     
  • At 5:51 PM , Blogger zebby rhoads said...

    Henrique: thank you for the wonderful comments! I'm THRILLED that you enjoy PLANET ZEB! and have made it a regular part of your day.... that's exactly why I started it, and it's a kick to hear from happy folks like you occasionally that let me know it's still fulfilling that purpose. :)

    By the way, I *do* have access to some Live365 tools that show listening times and locations, etc.... I try to share all that good stuff with listeners on the planetzeb.net home page, under the "Geo Statistics" tab. It needs to be updated, true, but it DOES get revised every so often! I'm amazed at the number of cities, states and COUNTRIES that PLANET ZEB! reaches-- and it's both pleasing and humbling to know that so many folks around the world have joined the PZ family.

    There's no better feeling in the world than thinking you can make people happy through applications of your passions, skills and/or experience... and that's why an ole radio dog like me still wags his tail when nice messages like yours come along. Thanks again, and HAPPY LISTENING! :)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home