PLANET ZEB! Internet Radio

The blogspot for the award-winning PLANET ZEB! Internet Radio, playing a better variety of 80s/90s-based rock and pop on Live365.com/iTunes/iRadio/TiVO and more. Come on in and read up on what's going on and chat with other Zebbites!!

Sunday, October 29, 2006

Got a blog? Listen to PLANET ZEB? Let me know! :)

Just a quick thought to help send waves of appreciation to everyone whose blogs I've recently come across that mention Planet Zeb! in them. Wowsa... I was doing a blog meta-search to make sure an old list I created had indeed been deleted, and before I knew it, I discovered that blog entries about the station-- fortunately, mostly good (laugh)-- were ALL OVER the place, including among a few friends here at blogger.com! :)

As such, and because my gratitude for your tuning in and enjoying the station is so great, I thought it'd be nice to cross-post links to your blog here on the official PLANET ZEB! Internet Radio blog and/or on my webpage at planetzeb.net / planetzeb.com. I'd also love to hear how you found the station and what you like (or don't like) about it the most!!! Since April, 2000 when the station was founded, I've been relying on my "old school radio programming" skills to make it an entertaining 80s/90s internet station-- and part of going "old school" means eschewing all of the stupid-assed "consultant statistical printout" crap (by the way: iron-clad rule of radio-- most consultants throw stats at you, particularly Arb quarter-hours, yet have no idea how to analyze them or do their own market research. Ask 'em what an adjusted R-square is next time they hand them to you, oh program directors of Earth!) in favor of simply LISTENING TO LISTENERS about how to make the station better.

Lo and behold, I think this strategy has worked in the last 6-plus years. Not only has the station become a perennial top-5 station at Live365.com and iTunes, but it's also fostered "spinoff" formats like "Jack FM" that were waaaay too afraid to revert to the "loose radio" format that made FM great in the 70s and early 80s before stations like PLANET ZEB! came along and showed 'em how to do it. :)

So drop me an email today at zeb@planetzeb.net and tell me about your blog and your (hopefully) kind comments about the station! Or reply to this message, if you'd like. It did my li'l heart good lately to see that so many of you out there in blog-land apparently think we've got a pretty nifty station going here. With your help and input and continued support, I hope we'll keep it that way for some time to come. :)

Cheers!

Zebby

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home